Personalised 1-on-1 coaching for writers.
Have you been nurturing a literary dream? Crossing the finish line of writing your own book is an exhilarating feeling, and I’m here to support you on your creative journey.
Hiring a writing coach helps many people to take their writing seriously and to finish projects that would never otherwise get done.
Is my coaching program for you?
Ask yourself this: do you have the discipline, time management skills, and technical ability to finish your manuscript and launch it into the world right now? If you’re reading this, I suspect you have some doubts – and that’s how most first-time authors feel!
No matter what your level of experience, I’m here to help you find your footing and take that big idea from a concept to a completed manuscript. My approach is positive but firm – you’re going to get this thing written, and have some fun while doing it!
Here are the kind of people I help:
○ someone who is excited about writing, but may be lacking the motivation to get their stories done without deadlines
○ someone who has a big, exciting vision for a story but isn’t super confident in their technical writing skills
○ someone who is struggling to find the support and encouragement to continue their dream of being a writer
○ someone who has big dreams and lots of enthusiasm but needs help making a plan and seeing the path to completion
What will I do as your coach?
I provide three main things: accountability, enthusiasm, and technical support. Sessions are bundled with the following services:
○ up to 50 manuscript pages reviewed prior to each call
○ written feedback on your progress
○ email support
Most people either opt for biweekly (twice a month) or once a month sessions. This gives you plenty of time for writing and for your life outside of it!
Packages start as low as $149 CAD per month. Contact me for a free discovery call and custom quote based on your project and specific needs!
Curious about my qualifications?
○ 5+ years working as a professional editor and translator
○ 3 degrees (including a Masters of Arts in English)
○ Experience in traditional publishing, self publishing, and academic publishing
○ 3+ years teaching at universities
○ public speaker extraordinaire
○ ultimate creativity cheerleader!
I’m also the owner of Offshoot Creative Consulting, The Lucky Sprout Studio, and co-owner of South Shore Sea Salt.
What kind of topics can we cover in the workshop component?
I have a wide range of topics that we can pick from as they seem relevant to your project, skills, and goals. These include:
Adopting a success mindset
Creating S.M.A.R.T. goals
Identifying your target audience
Creating novel outlines
Putting your book on a timeline
Understanding your genre
Word count expectations by genre
Market research and competition
Genre-specific storytelling skills
Finding your unique voice
Creating engaging dialogue
Writing effective descriptive passages
Showing character development
Creating consistency over a long narrative
Researching and locating authentic information
Interviewing, collaborating, and copyright
Navigating complex worlds and plots
Writing to market
Querying agents and publishers
Working with editors, illustrators, and proofreaders
Self-publishing and marketing
Ready to take the first step?
Let’s chat! Fill out this form and I’ll get in touch to book your free discovery call. We’ll discuss how we might best work together to get your project going! This call is a low-pressure, no obligation service.
© Offshoot Creative Consulting