Personalised 1-on-1 coaching for writers.
Have you been nurturing a literary dream? Crossing the finish line of writing your own book is an exhilarating feeling, and I’m here to support you on your creative journey.
Hiring a writing coach helps many people to take their writing seriously and to finish projects that would never otherwise get done.
Is my coaching program for you?
Ask yourself this: do you have the discipline, time management skills, and technical ability to finish your manuscript and launch it into the world right now? If you’re reading this, I suspect you have some doubts – and that’s how most first-time authors feel!
No matter what your level of experience, I’m here to help you find your footing and take that big idea from a concept to a completed manuscript. My approach is positive but firm – you’re going to get this thing written, and have some fun while doing it!
Here are the kind of people I help:
○ someone who is excited about writing, but may be lacking the motivation to get their stories done without deadlines
○ someone who has a big, exciting vision for a story but isn’t super confident in their technical writing skills
○ someone who is struggling to find the support and encouragement to continue their dream of being a writer
○ someone who has big dreams and lots of enthusiasm but needs help making a plan and seeing the path to completion
What will I do as your coach?
I provide three main things: accountability, enthusiasm, and technical support. Sessions are bundled with the following services:
○ up to 50 manuscript pages reviewed prior to each call
○ written feedback on your progress
○ email support
Most people either opt for biweekly (twice a month) or once a month sessions. This gives you plenty of time for writing and for your life outside of it!
Packages start as low as $149 CAD per month. Contact me for a free discovery call and custom quote based on your project and specific needs!
Curious about my qualifications?
○ 5+ years working as a professional editor and translator
○ 3 degrees (including a Masters of Arts in English)
○ Experience in traditional publishing, self publishing, and academic publishing
○ 3+ years teaching at universities
○ public speaker extraordinaire
○ ultimate creativity cheerleader!
I’m also the owner of Offshoot Creative Consulting, The Lucky Sprout Studio, and co-owner of South Shore Sea Salt.
What kind of topics can we cover in the workshop component?
I have a wide range of topics that we can pick from as they seem relevant to your project, skills, and goals. These include:
Adopting a success mindset
Creating S.M.A.R.T. goals
Identifying your target audience
Creating novel outlines
Putting your book on a timeline
Understanding your genre
Word count expectations by genre
Market research and competition
Genre-specific storytelling skills
Finding your unique voice
Creating engaging dialogue
Writing effective descriptive passages
Showing character development
Creating consistency over a long narrative
Researching and locating authentic information
Interviewing, collaborating, and copyright
Navigating complex worlds and plots
Writing to market
Querying agents and publishers
Working with editors, illustrators, and proofreaders
Self-publishing and marketing
Ready to take the first step?
© Offshoot Creative Consulting