Names are the name of the game this week, and we’re going to be talking all about the psychology behind them. How does the name you choose for your business affect the way people perceive your work? How does your personal name affect your destiny? And what the heck is brand extendability?!
Whether you’re naming a business, or a project, or a book, or even a human, rather than worrying about getting it “right”, it’s better to believe that the right name will find you.Rebecca Wilson, MM Episode 6, on Names
- Our complicated relationships with names
- A lil story about Plato
- Impacts on self-esteem and behaviour
- Liking your name makes you happier
- The power of a name
- Some psychological studies on naming and identities
- Open vs closed language systems
- Brand extendibility
- Dion, Kenneth L. “Names, identity, and self.”?Names 31.4 (1983): 245-257.
- Rangaswamy, Arvind, Raymond R. Burke, and Terence A. Oliva. “Brand equity and the extendibility of brand names.”?International Journal of Research in marketing 10.1 (1993): 61-75.
You can now find the show on all major podcasting platforms. Find us on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play Music, Stitcher, Podbean, and via our RSS feed. Just search for Maker Mindset wherever you listen to your podcasts!
You can also listen right here via the player below.